Post tour group hug and catch up corner

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
ardy
Redheads not warheads

Re: Post tour group hug and catch up corner

Postby ardy » Thu May 28, 2009 6:43 pm

This is a great discussion topic. Group hugs to everyone here – you are all nice to ‘know’ and I enjoy coming here to see what’s up with everyone.

To be honest, I’m not sad they are done touring. I’m happy for them. I’m happy it went well and they were safe and sound throughout the tour. Happy they got to perform to thousands of people, old fans and now new fans. Happy to see their smiles and genuine laughter during the shows via pics and vids. It must be a kick and a half to be on stage with that kind of show. I’m happy they’re obviously surrounded by good people who take care of stuff for them, the fun and not so fun stuff, while they’re on the road. Happy to never classify them as traditional, snobbish, celebs. Happy to brag that they’re just sincere, polite guys who are ridiculously funny and talented musicians, who seem to enjoy sharing their music and humor with us. How lucky were we, eh? And I’m really happy they get to go home now, or to wherever they’re headed, to have a much deserved sleep and maybe watch a DVD.

Thanks to my daughter for the day she said, “..hey mom, check out these guys on Youtube…this one is Jemaine and that’s Bret and Jemaine wrote this song for Bret called ‘Bret You Got It Goin On’…and it’s hilarious!” This opened up a floodgate of FOTCness into our lives and I couldn’t be happier….

Thanks to Google for directing me to this forum when I first typed in FOTC. No, really. I could’ve clicked on any one of the listings shown, but thru kismet, fate, karma…I clicked on this one. Sooooo happy I did…

Thanks to Sherry & her WTF team for what they do for us here. This place doesn’t magically maintain itself. It takes copious amounts of her time to keep it up and running, organized and classy….and to keep us informed on all the latest Conchord news. Bravo, Sherry…..

Thanks to Kelly(southpaw) for the heads up on the presale and password for show 2 in Detroit. Because of her, I was at the ready the moment tickets went on sale. This resulted in the score of a lifetime–front row seats. Both shows were phenomenal and it was great meeting Kelly, Laura & Michael as well. What a memorable night as evident in all our pics and recaps. It’s been hard to have a bad day when I just think back to that night…always brings a smile to my face.

Thanks to the promoters/tour manager for suggesting Detroit as a gig on the tour. Detroit….really? Yeah, ok. And then we got TWO shows?!?! Wow. At the Fox Theatre, no less. I hope J & B enjoyed themselves that night as much as we all did and I thank them for bringing such fun and laughs to our miserable little city. It was a great “something” to look forward to….

Thanks to my computer for not spontaneously combusting from all the pics, articles, vids, etc., of Bret & Jemaine that I have collected.

Thanks to my husband and daughters for sharing all of this. Real life leaves no time for a busy family to actually sit down together and chill and have fun. Each Sunday night…we did that. All of us. May not sound like much to anyone else but to us, it was a blast to watch the newest episode together. And when we all went to both Detroit shows…..I couldn’t have been happier. To see my daughters' faces during the performances and when they got to meet J & B….? No words can describe it.

Thanks to the inventor of digital video recording. Until Season 2 comes out on dvd, this delightful little technology has come in quite handy when a FOTC fix is needed.

Thanks to all of YOU. Continued 'welcome' the new people here….it’s a great place. And to the regulars, thanks for all your laughs, recaps, pics, vids, hints, updates, helpfulness and experiences…..the fact that we are all fans of the Conchords is the big, delicious gob of icing on the fun cake.

Finally, thanks to Bret and Jemaine. You're a couple of cool cats who play a mean guitar and make people smile. I really dig that. Enjoy the ride.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 12:30 am

Ardy, you've covered all of the bases! Ditto that! :clap:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 am

Well put, Ardy! I'm just really glad I found this community of fans. It makes me happy to log on here and talk to everyone. It's amazing to find a handful of people from all over the world who have this same little specific interest, so that I need not bore my family and friends with it. And thanks so much to Sherry, Indigo, Ardy and all others who keep this place a safe, happy, mature, creepy-free zone!

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri May 29, 2009 6:17 am

But the real question is, what do we do with ourselves now?

(stares at blank wall)

(twiddles thumbs)

(sound of crickets chirping)

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 29, 2009 6:29 am

I hope we can still think of something to talk about! :type: I'll miss it otherwise.

I still haven't managed to read all of the concert threads, so maybe that'll help keep it going.

kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kikiexpress » Fri May 29, 2009 7:44 am

That's true and maybe some random FOTC news might come up that we can talk about :)
Don't forget the movie Jemaine is gonna be in and the small part both Bret and Jemaine have in another movie so that can be discussed more when they come out.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I enjoy everyone's experience going to the concert :D
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Bad Atom wrote:But the real question is, what do we do with ourselves now?

(stares at blank wall)

(twiddles thumbs)

About how freaking AWESOME Cedar Point is going to be next week? Pshaw!

Neeke
Keeping it funky

Postby Neeke » Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:

(stares at blank wall)

(twiddles thumbs)

Hey, are you referring to the Cedar Point Amusement park in Ohio?
~Oh, that's not fair...I'm really ticklish~

Enjoy when you can...Endure when you must

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 11:16 pm

You mean the best park in the world? Yis, she is. :D
ImageImage

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri May 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Ok, I think I've been reading about the tour just a little too much lately... I am starting to have dreams about it LOL! I dreamed the other night that I was at a concert, and that Jemaine's wife brought their baby to the show. They were standing at the back if the venue, and the baby was wearing a silver space suit, and an itty bitty robot head, hahaha! Just like dad!

Seriously, I think this dream is a sign that I'm on here too much... :wink:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 30, 2009 1:35 am

Or it was a glimpse into the future..... :shock: :lol:
ImageImage

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sat May 30, 2009 3:45 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:

(stares at blank wall)

(twiddles thumbs)

The only thing more awesome than going to Cedar Point would be if the guys did a show there.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat May 30, 2009 3:53 am

DaMango wrote:Ok, I think I've been reading about the tour just a little too much lately... I am starting to have dreams about it LOL! I dreamed the other night that I was at a concert, and that Jemaine's wife brought their baby to the show. They were standing at the back if the venue, and the baby was wearing a silver space suit, and an itty bitty robot head, hahaha! Just like dad!

Seriously, I think this dream is a sign that I'm on here too much... :wink:

Probably. :wink: But thank you for the adorable image of the little baby robot, lol.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 30, 2009 5:14 am

Bad Atom wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:

(stares at blank wall)

(twiddles thumbs)

The only thing more awesome than going to Cedar Point would be if the guys did a show there.

Yis! :bounce: That would be amazing! And yis, neeke, I am referring to the amusement park :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am

kikiexpress wrote:That's true and maybe some random FOTC news might come up that we can talk about :)

There is usually some news of some sort that occurs. I've been doing this 7 years and while there are quiet spells, they have their upside in that they give everyone a break from Conchords overload. I'd not worry, there will always be something to read, post or discuss :lol:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”