Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 29, 2009 5:06 pm

LauraK wrote:Ok, that's my favorite Stana fro the almost-cracking-up-Jem factor.

OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:

*He makes a fake-wtf look to an audience member.........Nod to audience members reacting while making "ewww" face.........trying to keep it together......*

Then Bret says "Stana climbs down your chimney".......Jemaine almost loses it again and says to audience member/s: "what did you think?" smiling, almost laughing....

Not sure if Bret was trying to nip it in the bud or just move the song along as what Jem said went over his head (doubt that!) or what.....but Jemaine! You dirty boy! :tsk: :lol:

Listen/watch again....you'll see....

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't get that when I was watching it live, or even again when I watched the youtube vid until you pointed it out Laura.

I wonder what's up with Bret coz even though he seems to have recovered from the cold he has been seen shivering and wrapping himself up etc and I think he looks a bit pale. I hope he's taking vitamins. He's so thin. Gorgeous, but too thin.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 pm

I know, SW. I'm a bit concerned, too. It seems like maybe he caught something while on tour and being a consummate professional- toughed it out until the end.

I hope he's feeling well....

(If Jemaine hadn't omitted the molesting part, I wouldn't have gone back to check to see what he did say.....that's when the light bulb went off for me. :lol: Naughty boy, that one...)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Happy Friday everyone. Yay, its the weekend.

Well, it was a week ago that I was getting on a plane, bound for Vegas, to see the boys. What an amazing time we had in Vegas & Berkeley. Thanks go out to Eorious, Vmh, Alysanne, SheWolf, Amanada, Sully & Whambi for sharing this experience with me. You guys are the BEST! It just wouldnt have been the same without you.

Im loving this topic. Im on a quick lunch break & so enjoying it & laughing out loud.

I must have a devious mind, I did catch it when Jemaine ad-libbed that line in Stana and it was so great to see both Jemaine & Bret break character & show a little true self. They both seemed to be having a lot of fun, wonder why the crowd was so quiet. I was sitting next to a man who was at least in his 60's, if not more life experienced (im not using the word old), and he was cracking up along with me. I wish the crowd was a little more enthusiastic, during Albi they didnt even participate much. When the guys got to the bubble gum pie part I didnt even hear a yum from the crowd, hello people last show of the tour WAKE UP! lol.

Ive got pics & vids to put up, have a few on youtube already. I was on the aisle & being watched so some of it is just audio I have at least 15 vids to load think ive put up about 4. One vid is sideways, geez. Have to figure out the technical difficulties and reload it. Will get around to all of it I promise you.

Darn, work calls me back. There is never enough time. Ive so wanted to join you guys but its been crazy since Ive been back. That is why im so looking forward to this weekend & some real quality time here.

Talk to ya tonight. have a good one.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 pm

helgecko wrote:sorry man, pants camera > beard phone
:wink:

Ha ha! Yes I quite agree. :wink: Also it would be the memory of the moment it changed from being a regular camera to a pants camera that would be special. Without the memory, well it's STILL a pants camera but it's not the same. :)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos and the rest of your pictures, 4everconchordsfan. It feels like it happened so long ago for some reason! Memorial Day weekend was definitely the highlight of my year so far. What a great way to kick off the summer!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sat May 30, 2009 1:31 am

4everconchordsfan wrote: They both seemed to be having a lot of fun, wonder why the crowd was so quiet. I was sitting next to a man who was at least in his 60's, if not more life experienced (im not using the word old), and he was cracking up along with me. I wish the crowd was a little more enthusiastic, during Albi they didnt even participate much. When the guys got to the bubble gum pie part I didnt even hear a yum from the crowd, hello people last show of the tour WAKE UP! lol.

You're right 4ever, the crowd was subdued because.....................

drumroll, please..............................

NO ALCOHOL WAS SERVED AT THE VENUE :drinkers:

It was held on the campus of Berkeley High School and you know they probably petitioned to get to serve it but couldn't get the permits to do it

On a side note, there was a lovely man from New Zealand manning the bottled water table. After the 9pm show I decided to get one, all I had was a $20 for a $2 bottle and he fumbled with his pile of singles to give me 18 of them. He said he is not used to handling American money. He sounded so innocent.....as I said to myself.........keep talking sweet cheeks........your accent is hypnotic! :nod:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 am

Well, Im quite relieved that there were no hecklers, no overly loud & repetitious shout outs & requests. No obnoxious behavior brought on by a few too many cocktails, thank goodness. I have wondered where the real enthusiasm was though. It was a late show & as always a mixed crowd, not to mention very last show of the tour. We could have really shown a little more love.

The kiwi at the water bottle table was so sweet & sexy. I nearly melted when I made my purchase & thanked him & he replied No Worries, with that gorgeous accent. He was young enough to be my son though. Im not taking on a 'cougar' reputation, while a girl can dream I have to leave that one alone. It would be nice though. This new cougar phenom is taking on a life of its own. Maybe?? LOL. Life is a highway I wanna drive it all night long. :supz:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 30, 2009 2:30 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:Well, Im quite relieved that there were no hecklers, no overly loud & repetitious shout outs & requests. No obnoxious behavior brought on by a few too many cocktails, thank goodness. I have wondered where the real enthusiasm was though. It was a late show & as always a mixed crowd, not to mention very last show of the tour. We could have really shown a little more love.
Yeah I'm not really feeling the no alcohol thing coz at other venues I went to this year, though it was served, it wasn't like people were leaving their seats throughout the show to get it, at least no one around me was. I'd like to think there would be genuine enthusiasm for the guys regardless of alcohol, and by enthusiasm I don't mean obnoxious shout outs I mean just an excited, appreciative vibe which frankly I felt none of in this venue.

I was irked by the fact that 4 seats in row A center (to the right of me) were empty as well as one in Pit 4 in front of me. I thought about moving to either space but because of the poor way the pit was laid out I I concluded that my seat on the end of A was better because the pit seats were actually raised slighly higher than the floor seats and there was a big head in front of the empty pit seat.

On the way out some random guy started talking to us & said that the scalpers were having a hard time with this show seeing that it was a holiday, a weekday and that some scalpers were busted out front before the show (I find this hard to believe). Lame excuses all - the majority of shows throughout the tour were weekdays. Sorry to say my conclusion is simply that the bay area fans are a bit of downer.
90% evil
ImageImage

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sat May 30, 2009 3:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:I was irked by the fact that 4 seats in row A center (to the right of me) were empty as well as one in Pit 4 in front of me. I thought about moving to either space but because of the poor way the pit was laid out I I concluded that my seat on the end of A was better because the pit seats were actually raised slighly higher than the floor seats and there was a big head in front of the empty pit seat.

It's so true, She Wolf, the audience was overly subdued and whoever designed the layout of the seats should resign. For 9pm show, I purchased a Row A (5th row) seat on TicketsNow thinking that the pit would be as described, a pit, a depression, but no, the pit seats were at least a foot higher than Row A. I strained my neck during the whole show to try to get around the huge heads that towered in front of me (that's why my Sugalumps video sucks royally). I went to my rental car in between shows and I'll tell you there were more scalpers outside that I have ever seen at any show (Conchords and non-Conchords) those greedy resellers thought they could get top dollar and I guess a lot got stuck with unsold seats. At the 9pm show, there were at least 8 empty seats to the left of me and I saw tons of empty seats in Row B. What a waste!

Note to self: if they ever play this venue again and I get Row A seats---bring 4 Yellow Pages Phone books to sit on or a booster seat :eh:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Whambi wrote:
SheWolf wrote:I went to my rental car in between shows and I'll tell you there were more scalpers outside that I have ever seen at any show (Conchords and non-Conchords) those greedy resellers thought they could get top dollar and I guess a lot got stuck with unsold seats.
Oh wow, really? Grrrr...scalpers burn my ass. I hope there is a special place in hell for them and by special I mean particularly painful. :###: On one hand I'm glad they got stuck with the tickets but on the other it makes me sick to think that many good $38 seats were never available to fans because of these greedy pricks.
90% evil
ImageImage

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Sat May 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Nice recaps everyone. I'm so sad that they are done now, :cry:

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Speaking of Berkeley....

Whambi & I shared a huge laugh. What I am about to tell you is a true story. LOL.

This is just a random thought...I keep remembering stuff.

Whambi & I shared accomodations & what not in Berkeley. A specific car was requested I believe that she wanted a Prius, turns out they didnt have any available. By absolute coincidence it turned out that the rental car was a Honda Accord and the sticker on the front windshield was from where? where else? Conchord, CA. How hilarious is that? I dunno if we took pictures, I cant remember. It still strikes me as so funny.

I need to write stuff down so that I can write an organized account of the experiences in Vegas & Berkeley. Im still working on getting pics & vids organized. Hope to finish sometime very soon. Im working on it.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 pm

please tell me it was an '03 accord...teal in color....

just...
like....
murray's..... ;)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 pm

:clap: That's awesome. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

songbird

Postby songbird » Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 pm

That is hilarious. I would have DIED laughing :lol: