Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby SheWolf » Sun May 31, 2009 2:49 am

I remember seeing Concord (the town) on the BART map. It's not too far out from Berkeley.
90% evil
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 31, 2009 3:37 am

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Flight of the Conchords played in Concord? They could refer to the audience members as Conchordians and it would work both ways.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 am

there's a suburb in Sydney called Concord! they really really should play there!
(really really should...)
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:39 am

We went through this about a year ago (I'd never be able to remember the thread), because I think Bret said something about wanting to play all the towns named Concord/Conchord in the US. There's a Concord, Massachusetts (lots of Revolutionary War history there).

Thanks for all the stories and pics so far, folks. I look forward to seeing 4ever and Whambi photos. Kinda like I don't want the accounts and picture posting to end... :(
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun May 31, 2009 8:01 am

^^^
(runs to Google Maps to see if there's a Concord in Ohio)

There's a Concord, Ohio, but it's in Kentucky. :puzzled:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Thanks for all the stories and pics so far, folks. I look forward to seeing 4ever and Whambi photos. Kinda like I don't want the accounts and picture posting to end... :(

I know! It's kinda sad to think that it's over, for now at least... That's why I've been posting pics a couple at a time. Helps to drag it out a bit :wink:

Speaking of... From the 9pm show this time:

Image Image

Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Bad Atom wrote:There's a Concord, Ohio, but it's in Kentucky. :puzzled:

Ha ha ha ha! That's fabulous! :D We're just randomly appropriating towns from other states, now.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:We went through this about a year ago (I'd never be able to remember the thread), because I think Bret said something about wanting to play all the towns named Concord/Conchord in the US. There's a Concord, Massachusetts (lots of Revolutionary War history there).
IIRC correctly last year Jemaine said on the MySpace page that they would definitely be playing a town called Concord and I believe it was the one in MA - but it didn't happen.
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 am

SW, do you remember us chatting about it here somewhere? My mind is blank as to where we talked about it. I thought it was possibly in an interview during the '08 tour? :dunno:
I think I remember the Concord, Massachusetts thing, (because I remember posting I lived sort of near there) and then the guys mentioned they should play all the towns named Concord.

Of course, If I weren't so lazy, I'd do a search.....:zzz:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I don't remember that. It was only after I saw them live in May last year that I went to the MySpace and started looking at the older conversations taking place when they were trying to secure all the dates and venues. Jemaine participated in some of those conversations and he mentioned definitely playing a town called Concord.
90% evil
ImageImage

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:SW, do you remember us chatting about it here somewhere? My mind is blank as to where we talked about it. I thought it was possibly in an interview during the '08 tour? :dunno:
I think I remember the Concord, Massachusetts thing, (because I remember posting I lived sort of near there) and then the guys mentioned they should play all the towns named Concord.

Of course, If I weren't so lazy, I'd do a search.....:zzz:

I found it Nancy! I still think that would be a great tour to play all Concord related cities :D

I'm not sure how to cross post the link to the topic, but it was started by Dandy Lyons on June 4, 2008 Topic: GEEK MAGAZINE
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I found it earlier this morning too Whambi, but like Nancy had a bit of the laze going on and didn't feel like posting it. Ahhhh the joys of growing older and not feeling obligated.

It's too bad they took the Concorde jet out of service...hmmm...I wonder if the guys have earned enough yet to by a used one and jet about in it from Concord town to Concord town.

The Flight of the Conchords Jet Set.

(notice the correct spelling for each "C" word - slut_angel breathes on then buffs nails).
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:It's too bad they took the Concorde jet out of service...hmmm...I wonder if the guys have earned enough yet to by a used one and jet about in it from Concord town to Concord town.

The Flight of the Conchords Jet Set.

(notice the correct spelling for each "C" word - slut_angel breathes on then buffs nails).

Hee hee!! Impressive. :nod:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:37 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Link to the Geek mag thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1666&start=0

The talk about playing Concord, Massachusetts is in the last paragraph. Then the discussion ensues on the thread. No wonder it sounded so familiar!!! Doh!!! :doh: Good memory, Nance! :bang:

ps In Massachusetts, they pronounce Concord like "conkered". :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:24 pm

That thread makes me wonder - whatever happened to DP & H? :(
90% evil