Post tour group hug and catch up corner

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Post tour group hug and catch up corner

Postby eorious » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 am

Sherry wrote:Well the guys are back in NZ it would seem :)

I guess they headed home asap once they were done with the tour.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Sherry. It's good to know they made it home safely and are finally getting some rest. :)

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 am

helgecko wrote:Ha! :D

edit: oh, and I've got to remember that "dairy" means corner store over there, doesn't it?
I had this crazy mental image for a second of Bret being surrounded by cows getting milked and the dairy farmers ignoring him :roll2:

I guess that's another little difference between Australia and New Zealand? Interesting. Thanks though for clarifying what "dairy" meant. I was imagining it meant a store owned by a small dairy, where they sold milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. (I remember some of those when I was growing up.) But it sounds like it just sort of means corner store or convenience store. I always love these little bits of information about differences in the English language. That's great that he is being politely ignored.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:57 pm

aw...politely ignored...I like that. :D
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 pm

SheWolf, I just spent five minutes looking at your sig. So much hip-shakin' goodness in one place... thank goodness for Jemaine Clement. :prayer:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:00 pm

I was hoping to capture a bit of the Running Man Jem did in the last one but the gif can't be more than 4 seconds long and it cropped it out. I have one more to add - the camera down the crotch clip but I think it would be too much - it's already too much. :rolleyes:

Back OT - so how 'bout that tour eh? :whistle:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Those 2 bottom clips....mmmmmmm......:drool:

Yeah, woo! That tour was amazing.... I'd love to hear an interview of them talking about it....how well-received they thought it was, what they thought of the audiences, heckling, the meet and greets, what they had to change or do differently due to the venue size, whether they'd prefer smaller venues next time, etcetc... :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

LauraK wrote:Those 2 bottom clips....mmmmmmm......:drool:

Yeah, woo! That tour was amazing.... I'd love to hear an interview of them talking about it....how well-received they thought it was, what they thought of the audiences, heckling, the meet and greets, what they had to change or do differently due to the venue size, whether they'd prefer smaller venues next time, etcetc... :)

Yes! I want to hear that interview too. Hint, hint Sherry? Just a couple of tiny questions? We are having serious withdrawel pains.
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 pm

I've never actually heard them seriously address questions like that. I would be interested to hear the answers.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 am

Oh....well, If they never have then maybe they won't. But it'd be nice to hear their take on it all. I'd also be curious to know which states they most enjoyed. :)
ImageImage

momonica
New arrival

Postby momonica » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:17 am

momonica wrote:A 2010/2011 North American Tour has to happen :rock:

PRONTO!

But I'm still glad they can rest and be safe at home :hug:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:44 am

SheWolf wrote:I've never actually heard them seriously address questions like that. I would be interested to hear the answers.

Me too.

Now to your TWO NEW gifs! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: (encore, please?)
Verrrrrry impressive, stimulating, and distracting. I think there might be room for a few more...
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:50 am

They're all great but this is the one that gets all of my eye time.....

ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 am

LauraK wrote:They're all great but this is the one that gets all of my eye time.....

I am forced to respectfully disagree. IMO, that one is amazing but this one is slightly better.
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 am

Well, I'm forced to respectfully disagree back atcha... :lol:

I do love seeing him shake his boom-boom...but the other one is not only closer but...how to say this w/o getting in trouble?? Let's just say there's a lot going on in those jeans- and he's working em to his best advantage! :D

Which is another thing I loved about the tour! They didn't just sit in their chairs and sing the songs....they were very animated and got up and of course what they turned Sugalumps into was the piece de resistance. (Parlez vous le Francais?? Uhhhhhhhh.....Non...)
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 pm

Just caught up with this thread properly.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who thanks myself and/or WTF! for anything :bighug: I am really happy you all just had a great time at the gigs, some of you were able to meet (again) in person and hang out, get to know one another and to plan the final gig get together as you did. You all have such wonderful memories, stories, pics and vids to share and keep forever :) And the gig threads to browse back through and read whenever you feel the need.

I love that people have become friends via this forum and that you all seem to get on so well when you do meet. Long may it continue.

I enjoyed reading the gig reports from you all, watched as many clips as my free time would allow and did the same with pics. Although I admit to being somewhat behind most of you in that department :lol: :wink: I'll catch up eventually and also get the tour pages finished in the coming weeks.

With regard to asking the guys a few Q's about the tour. Its a lovely idea and no they never really give straight answers to any of that, so yes, would be cool to hear them. But I am not going to disturb them at all for the forseeable future. I think they deserve a long break and not to think of anything Conchord like for a while. Bret and Hannah are expecting their baby next month and thinking back, I remember the first few months after my son was born being very precious (and knackering) and hope they are able to have the same sort of experience when their baby arrives.

Anyways, thank you all. Without you, every last one who posts here, this forum would not be what it is. Its a place I enjoy visiting (even when the hormones are in overdrive :P ) and somewhere I like to hang out. That people remain even in quiet times shows just how much Bret and Jemaine are thought of and I hope as many of you as possible stick around, even if you prefer to lurk over posting during quiet spells.

There is some news to look forward to. The album, Bret's baby arriving, a few films, possibly some new material from Bret, WIUO news I am sure will include Bret a bit now he is back in NZ and who knows what else.

Onward and upward I reckon 8)

BTW site is slowly being worked on and the forum may suddenly appear different overnight (but this current style will be available to opt for). The main site has a new look slowly taking shape, but the content is so vast moving it all over is ALOT of work and neither Max or myself have much time to work on it. But one day soon...... :worry:

:folkon:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”