Post tour group hug and catch up corner

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Post tour group hug and catch up corner

Postby Corrine » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Sherry wrote:With regard to asking the guys a few Q's about the tour. Its a lovely idea and no they never really give straight answers to any of that, so yes, would be cool to hear them. But I am not going to disturb them at all for the forseeable future. I think they deserve a long break and not to think of anything Conchord like for a while. Bret and Hannah are expecting their baby next month and thinking back, I remember the first few months after my son was born being very precious (and knackering) and hope they are able to have the same sort of experience when their baby arrives.

Good idea not too disturb them too soon. He'll definitely need a good three months after their child is born. I was just thinking about how Bret's life is going to change so much, and how Jemaine's must already have. The pre-kid/post-kid life change is quite dramatic as I remember, but worth it! That's great that Bret can be home, and hopefully not too busy when the child comes. Maybe some time in the fall (or spring for them, southern hemisphere y'know) they might be willing to answer some questions? Certainly would love to hear their opinions on how things went. In the mean time, I love the little funny breaks in the day that this website gives me. So glad to have found this community, and thankful to Sherry and all the mods for keeping up with it all. It's a little happy bright spot in my day.

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Sherry, you rock. Thank you for creating and maintaining such an awesome place! All your hard work is truly appreciated. My only regret is that I didn't join sooner. I could have met some of the other cool WTFers that attended the Vegas show...now I have to wait until next tour.

M

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm

So, Laura and nonchalant you guys are having the most wonderful argument over my two favorite Snake Hips gifs. Please continue, with lots of visual aids. :nod: :lol:

That's funny that the subject of a Q & A came up, because I was just thinking yesterday of PMing you, Sherry, asking if such a thing is possible. I completely agree with giving them a break but hopefully something like that will happen later in the year. I have a lot of questions i would like to bombard them with, er I mean ask them. ;)

Bret is lucky he gets to have his baby (so to speak) during a down time - I felt bad for poor Jemaine and Miranda because Jemaine was so busy when Sophocles was born, also he had to be born in NY as opposed to NZ, which might have been hard for them. I can't even imagine how crazy things must have been. :rolleyes:

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh wow, I didn't realize that Bret's baby was due so soon! How exciting! I think its so cool that they guys will have kids so close in age. I wonder how long it will be before we have FOTC, The Next Generation. Haha! Better start making some kid-sized robot heads. :lol:

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:36 pm

With regard to asking the guys a few Q's about the tour. Its a lovely idea and no they never really give straight answers to any of that, so yes, would be cool to hear them. But I am not going to disturb them at all for the forseeable future.

Ooo I never thought about that, but I do agree that they need to chillax for a bit. Because if you are going to do that again I have got some doozies :P

1. Is it ever okay to ask a chick if she is or has ever been a dude ?

2. Can I borrow $5 for lunch... payday is not for another 2weeks.

3. Do you know anyone who needs an biomedical informatician ?

I am totally looking forward to the new look, but hopefully it will not be too bright, because the current scheme blends so nicely with all my work applictions :wink:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 am

DangerMouse wrote:I am totally looking forward to the new look, but hopefully it will not be too bright, because the current scheme blends so nicely with all my work applictions :wink:

:lol: Ditto that!

Been wanting to include my 2 cents for a while. It has been such a great ride following along on the tour from within this board. I was positively aching over the fact that I couldn't make it to a show, but so glad that at least I could live it vicariously through so many of you. As has been mentioned before, the best were the reports by WTF'ers. There were days when I would sit at work, constantly refreshing the 'active topics' screen to see if a new report has just come in. What's more, thanks to this board I got the FotC magnets, and a cute t-shirt for my daughter that were so graciously purchased - and delivered, no less - by a fellow WTF'er.

Thanks to all of you for your colourful takes on the shows and the boys. And, of course, thanks to Sherry. You've all been so eloquent, I'll just leave it at that.

:clap:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:41 am

DangerMouse wrote:I am totally looking forward to the new look, but hopefully it will not be too bright, because the current scheme blends so nicely with all my work applictions :wink:

Hahahaha! I have often wished I could "turn off" the pictures/avatars/sigs/gifs when at work. We are a naughty bunch.

Of course I only check in on my lunch break... :whistle:
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:49 am

Non, I think you can actually do that - maybe from the user control panel?

**Hey, I just looked - go to the UCP and on the left look for "board preferences", then poke around - I think it's under "edit view" or something similar. (You'd think I'd remember it better, considering I just checked it!)

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:20 am

Of course I only check in on my lunch break... :whistle:

:type: Uh yeah me too... i just happen to take r-e-a-l-l-y long lunches
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 pm

mockingbird wrote:Non, I think you can actually do that - maybe from the user control panel?

**Hey, I just looked - go to the UCP and on the left look for "board preferences", then poke around - I think it's under "edit view" or something similar. (You'd think I'd remember it better, considering I just checked it!)

Thanks Mock. Not that I'll do it. It's just good to know these things. :shhh:
Image..Image..Image

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:10 am

DaMango wrote:Oh wow, I didn't realize that Bret's baby was due so soon! How exciting! I think its so cool that they guys will have kids so close in age. I wonder how long it will be before we have FOTC, The Next Generation. Haha! Better start making some kid-sized robot heads. :lol:

:roll2: Hahaha, "The Next Generation." Don't know about that, but I think it's safe to say that the two kids will be lifelong friends. And if they're not friends, they'll certainly see a lot of each other either way. I'm kind of hoping Bret's baby is a girl... just because both Rhys and Jemaine have boys, and it seems like the law of probability should kick in soon!
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 am

ravenhpltc24 wrote:
DaMango wrote:Oh wow, I didn't realize that Bret's baby was due so soon! How exciting! I think its so cool that they guys will have kids so close in age. I wonder how long it will be before we have FOTC, The Next Generation. Haha! Better start making some kid-sized robot heads. :lol:

:roll2: Hahaha, "The Next Generation." Don't know about that, but I think it's safe to say that the two kids will be lifelong friends. And if they're not friends, they'll certainly see a lot of each other either way. I'm kind of hoping Bret's baby is a girl... just because both Rhys and Jemaine have boys, and it seems like the law of probability should kick in soon!

Same here! For some reason I can totally see Bret having a daughter. I think that would be so cute, and I don't know, but I just feel like Bret is meant to have a daughter. Not that I won't be happy for him if he has a son or anything, I could totally see that too, but I don't know...I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think it's a girl :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I know we shouldn't be talking about family stuff but I've had a feeling from the start that Bret will have a son and he'll be named Albert or some such British monarchy type name. We'll see....
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm

RubyRed wrote:Sherry, you rock. Thank you for creating and maintaining such an awesome place! All your hard work is truly appreciated. My only regret is that I didn't join sooner. I could have met some of the other cool WTFers that attended the Vegas show...now I have to wait until next tour.M
I know what you mean. I started posting last year after I saw them live and then met some people here who I was able to go to the shows with this year. Pretty neat.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:45 pm

FTR, I have always thought of Bret's baby as a girl. We'll see! We should start a pool of some kind, lol. Hannah's due pretty soon, isn't she? I remember because she's due around my daughter's birthday, which is July 3rd. (Maybe that's why I'm convinced it's a girl.)

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”