Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby Corrine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:29 pm

vmh wrote:Wouldn't it be a hoot if Flight of the Conchords played in Concord? They could refer to the audience members as Conchordians and it would work both ways.

Hey, Concord is the capital of my state! They could play there too. :D I used to live not too far from Concord, California as well a several years ago. Americans are not very original with names. Like Nancy said, Concord is also in Massachusetts. Hey, maybe the Conchords should have a "Concord" tour! :thumb: There are three venues already.

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Corrine wrote:
vmh wrote:Wouldn't it be a hoot if Flight of the Conchords played in Concord? They could refer to the audience members as Conchordians and it would work both ways.

Hey, Concord is the capital of my state! They could play there too. :D I used to live not too far from Concord, California as well a several years ago. Americans are not very original with names. Like Nancy said, Concord is also in Massachusetts. Hey, maybe the Conchords should have a "Concord" tour! :thumb: There are three venues already.

:roll2:

Is there any single building in Concord, NH that holds more than 200 people? :roll: Our capital is such a joke. But I completely support a Concord tour. According to Google maps, there's a Concord: North Carolina, a Concord: West Virginia, a Concord: Texas, a Concord: New Hampshire, a Concord: Missouri, a Concord: Kentucky, and Concord: California. Seven venues right there. While we're on the subject, there's a Flight, Colorado. They should definitely stop there!! And Bret, Wyoming. :D
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Seven different places called Concord??!!? Looks like people were running out of ideas for names... :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 am

I just had to Google and sure enough, we have a Concord here in MI! :D And it's only about an hour and a half away....

Oh and Michael? You DO have a Concord in OH- it's about 2 hrs southeast of Cincinnati. :) I bet there's a Concord in every state....even if it is a boonie!

That should be the basis of their next tour: only go to cities/towns by the name of Concord! :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 am

ravenhpltc24 wrote:
Corrine wrote:

Is there any single building in Concord, NH that holds more than 200 people? :roll: Our capital is such a joke. But I completely support a Concord tour. According to Google maps, there's a Concord: North Carolina, a Concord: West Virginia, a Concord: Texas, a Concord: New Hampshire, a Concord: Missouri, a Concord: Kentucky, and Concord: California. Seven venues right there. While we're on the subject, there's a Flight, Colorado. They should definitely stop there!! And Bret, Wyoming. :D

I suppose realistically they would have to play outdoors at some places because the reasonable indoor venues just wouldn't exist. Of course the other possibility is they could also limit the tickets to just a few and we could enjoy a nice small concert. That's true Raven, probably the only venue that would even work indoors in the entire state would be the Verizon center in Manchester. Would love if they showed up there sometime in the future!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 am

SheWolf wrote:That thread makes me wonder - whatever happened to DP & H? :(

SW, an hour ago, your gifs were happy and dancing, now they're gone! :dunno:

H's last post said she'd be around, but not much.
DP I hear from every once in awhile.
I think they both got very busy with commitments.
They are truly sorely missed. :callme:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

ravenhpltc24

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:55 am

Corrine wrote:
ravenhpltc24 wrote:
Corrine wrote:Wouldn't it be a hoot if Flight of the Conchords played in Concord? They could refer to the audience members as Conchordians and it would work both ways.

I suppose realistically they would have to play outdoors at some places because the reasonable indoor venues just wouldn't exist. Of course the other possibility is they could also limit the tickets to just a few and we could enjoy a nice small concert. That's true Raven, probably the only venue that would even work indoors in the entire state would be the Verizon center in Manchester. Would love if they showed up there sometime in the future!

Oh, that woud be bliss. :shock: My high school is literaly 3 minutes from the Verizon center, I drive past it all the time ('tis currently promoting Fleetwood Mac, coming this month). I prefer to avoid Boston if I can, but Flight of the Conchords, in New Hampshire?! It sounds too good to be true! How about this, we change the tour to all the Manchesters!! 9 in the USA alone, and I'm quite sure there are more noteable Manchesters elsewhere in the world... :hrm:
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

CailenBraern

Postby CailenBraern » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:02 am

You got me far too excited when you said Manchester. Alas, tis not to be in Lancashire.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:SW, an hour ago, your gifs were happy and dancing, now they're gone! :dunno:
Oh my - I've exceeded my photobucket allotment yet again. No worrries, I just set up a tinypic account and they're baaaacccckkkk!
90% evil
ImageImage

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:50 pm

It must have been great to see them in Berkeley! I've been to a concert in that theatre and as I remember it was actually fairly small. I don't even think they would have needed the big screens. (I saw a concert by DDT, which is a Russian band that sells out stadiums in Russia, but was just playing for the Bay Area immigrant community there.) I loved the Stana that was played. I think that was my favorite so far.

Gee Raven, we're actually not very far away from each other. It's funny that with a handful of die hard Conchord fans posting here from all over the world, that you happen to be right next door. :D It would be awesome if they played in Manchester, getting back and forth to Boston can be a pain, especially late at night.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Uh-Oh.....how many pages did it take you to exceed your allotment, SW? I've got about 28..... :shock:
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 pm

It's based on bandwith size per month. I have almost 1,100 images on there. :shock:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:01 am

Yikes. I guess I'm ok then!
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:22 am

SW! You've added some Berkeley shots! So cool!
(Those last two are from Berkeley, aren't they? First show? :eyelashes: )

And I loved the little TMD dance they did in the opening :boogie:- so adorable!!!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:32 am

SheWolf wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:SW, an hour ago, your gifs were happy and dancing, now they're gone! :dunno:
Oh my - I've exceeded my photobucket allotment yet again. No worrries, I just set up a tinypic account and they're baaaacccckkkk!

SHEWOLF. :shock: Just when I thought your sig had all the Snake Hips it could hold... I would suggest an intervention, except I don't want you to stop. :lol:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”