Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

Yes! Diffinately! Why are you even asking?
27%
Yeah, I hope so, maybe after they've done some other stuff.
29%
I don't think so, unless they're certain they've got some really great ideas.
31%
No, definitely not. I want to see other things from the Conchords.
14%

Total votes: 49

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

Postby Sherry » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:32 am

But Who Likes To Rock The Party isn't really a song. Like the radio show where they had a couple of songs they 'performed' at gigs and stuff within the storyline, it is what I consider not a proper Conchords song, only used for effect within the show, like Brets Rap.

I can't see Hotties or Nothin Wrong working within an episode. Bus Drivers has been used. And again, Robots was used already. I don't see going back and revisiting those is really needed.

I think them using ALL thier back catolgue is unrealistic. And unnecessary. They are talented guys working with talented people, they are more than capable of coming up with new material if they do decide to go ahead with any more episodes.

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 am

so Sherry, have you voted yet...? :wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:34 am

Nope.

I don't mind them not making a third season. I am not desperate for them to do more. However if they do go ahead with a 3rd season I'd like to see only 6 episodes, to give them the opportunity to have decent plots and story and be able to write good songs for each episode.

And for them to steer away from romance based plots. I like when they go off the track from that plotline.

I liked season 2 far more than season 1. Was much funnier, acting was better and most of the songs worked well also. Maybe I am not in the majority with the songs, but I always put it down to knowing most of the S1 songs so well from over the years I just didn't enjoy as much as the newer stuff in S2.

I like Duncan Sarkies writing episodes. His stuff = goodness. I enjoy the JB directed episodes most (I put this down to being familiar with and liking his other work over the years) and also liked the Gondry directed episode, for the genius of the Carol Brown video more than anything. When JB directs I feel he has an understanding of the Conchords on camera more so than anyone else directing them. I find I laugh more watching the episodes he directs also. I struggle with the Paul Simm episodes a little more. I don't have time to explain why now. I remember in S1 cringing watching What Goes On Tour and not really enjoying that much. S2 episode was better of course :lol:

Ummm yeah back to cleaning the kitchen before hubby and son arrive home.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 am

Sherry, I have to agree with you on a lot of that.
Season 2 to me was a little more uneven, but when they hit it, it was amazing.
I loved Taika's New Zealand themed episodes, and A New Cup/Tough Brets/Unnatural Love are my three favorite episodes. Period. (It bounces between the three).
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

jamesthecat
New arrival

Postby jamesthecat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:03 pm

actually, i dont care about bret and jemaines "feelings" i want a 3rd season now, not in their own time. selfish people they are. im sat at home with nuttin gurd on da tuube and theyre sat there, probably at home on google searching for omnichord/ dg-20 dealers within the wellington area, having money fights and steamy money baths. ITS NOT ON. get on with it. im bored of Q.I repeats on dave...

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

I agree with Sherry. I think the guys are more than capable of pulling it off. They are incredibly talented. I also agree that maybe the seasons should be shorter OR there should be more time between seasons to let them write. It's a huge undertaking and I know I couldn't do it. I don't think the quality of season two was less than that of season one, I just think it was different. New songs, stories, etc. And the more I watched season two, the more the songs and episodes grew on me. When usually with whatever I'm watching I get sick of it or once is enough, I found myself going back and re-watching the episodes over and over on HBO OnDemand.

M

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 pm

jamesthecat wrote:actually, i dont care about bret and jemaines "feelings" i want a 3rd season now, not in their own time. selfish people they are. im sat at home with nuttin gurd on da tuube and theyre sat there, probably at home on google searching for omnichord/ dg-20 dealers within the wellington area, having money fights and steamy money baths. ITS NOT ON. get on with it. im bored of Q.I repeats on dave...

I really hope you're being sarcastic, or quite a few people on the board are going to be a little upset by this.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I think the money fights and the omnichord dealers kind of hint at that.
And if not, this reads like a LOLcat wrote it. And LOLcats make me laugh. Silly things that they are.
:D
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:34 am

I haven't seen all of Season 2, sort of saving myself for the DVD....

Exactly like the poll said, I don't mind if the boys make another series, but only if they have some good ideas and actually WANT to do it.

I mean forcing them to make another series could be bad....look at The Mighty Boosh....
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 am

I think it's up to the boys. I really don't mind either way, and I'm patiently awaiting the release of the season 2 DVD.
They are definitely talented enough to pull it off, though. :]
And lately Jem has been very busy with movie productions, which must tire him out. Our kiwi boys are such hard workers. <3
ImageImage

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 am

I voted the not unless option but I'm leaning personally more towards no. Don't get me wrong I'd watch and enjoy the snot out of it if they did a third season and I'm sure it would be great if it did come back. But, truly it feels finished to me and I don't feel a real thirst for more. I'd love to see more of them in concert. That's about it though. I'm happy with what they have given me as far as the tv part goes. I'm sure there are ways to come back from such a nice finale if they wanted to, but it's very important to me that they want to. I've had jobs just for the money and even if HBO paid them every last penny they are worth (and what they do is worth a lot!) if they don't want to do it, then it's not worth it. Simple.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 am

I too would watch the snot out of a 3rd series :P
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:38 pm

See I go back n forth. Most days honestly I feel like as long as I stay connected to their new projects I won't mind there being no more FOTC the tv series. I think that is what I fret about the most, losing touch with them. :?

S2 songs were great...(except Angels, that song creeps me out..sorry) they really did seem more comfortable. I loved S1 too. :)

TBH I can't wait to see what they will do next :lol:

But I did vote after they do some stuff only because there wasn't an:" Im on the fence most days and go back n forth because I really love them and hope they don't disappear forever and hope that someday they will tour again as FOTC, choice." :shock:

Im only human and I love them in FOTC setting AND separately as Jemaine Clement and Bret Mckenzie.. :heart:
ImageImageImageImage

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm

I went for I hope so, after they've done some other stuff. But really, what I would like most is for them to do a couple of shows over here. I'm selfish, yis. Darn our tiny island being so far away.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 pm

I don't want a third season for a number of reasons, which puts me in the minority. As usual. :)

And now the image of Bret and Jemaine hitting each other with giant money bags with $ signs on them is now in my head...

Return to “HBO TV series”