The Tour Posters

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: The Tour Posters

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 pm

eorious wrote:Mine finally came today, 17 days after I ordered it. Although I suspect it was more the fault of our post office than the poster people. Sometimes our PO just doesn't feel like delivering packages so they sit on them until the mood strikes. :?

Well you know it had to come all the way across the Mississippi from Iowa...

Seattle, right? Do you like it eorious? It's narrow isn't it? As tall as my other poster but much narrower. What are you thinking of as far as framing?
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah FYI it took quite awhile for them to process my payment - a week I think.

Now what to do with this poster, it's an odd size...hmmm...
90% evil
ImageImage

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
eorious wrote:Mine finally came today, 17 days after I ordered it. Although I suspect it was more the fault of our post office than the poster people. Sometimes our PO just doesn't feel like delivering packages so they sit on them until the mood strikes. :?

Well you know it had to come all the way across the Mississippi from Iowa...

Seattle, right? Do you like it eorious? It's narrow isn't it? As tall as my other poster but much narrower. What are you thinking of as far as framing?

Oh no, the one from Iowa, from Mitch, came lightening fast. It was the one from Chicago (where I live) that took its sweet time.

The Seattle one is very cool, even cooler in person. The colors are so vibrant. It is rather narrow though. It probably was the artist's intention to have them displayed together, I can see that now that I just bought the one. :doh:

I don't know about framing. I've always liked IKEA frames because they're sturdier than most inexpensive frames, but I'll have to go and see if they have anything the right shape for this. It really would look better if the frame was narrow to match the shape of the poster. As far as matting goes I tend to always go with black or white, but maybe I should be adventurous and try green on this. :hrm:

kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kikiexpress » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 am

That's really awesome guys you got your posters :D
I really am considering getting the Atlanta poster from the postersandtoys.net site but I don't know if I should get that one or wait till the Las Vegas poster is not sold out or try to find the Detroit poster somewhere online....

Any opinions?
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life

alysaanne
Giving the paper to the people

Postby alysaanne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 pm

hey all, just a thought about why the posters are taking a long time to arrive- most of the poster designers are small 1 or 2 person shops and it's hard core into summer band touring season right now, plus all the festivals are in full swing, so I imagine they're probably swamped getting new posters designed, approved, printed and off to the venue before deadline.

I know posters I ordered back in April arrived really quickly (I got one poster from Burlesque two days after I ordered it) and posters I ordered late in the tour or after it finished are taking a lot longer.

BTW, in case no one has posted it, here's the latest update from Daniel Danger on the Phoenix ice cream truck poster

June 28, 2009 – 4:12 am
as a note of public record, i’m moving into a new place this coming week. so if im slower than usual with emails, please excuse me. its going to be a long week!
at some point when i get settled, i have a fair amount of posters to put up in the store. im sort of backlogged on gigposters i havent had time to release yet. mogwai, andrew bird, flight of the conchords, the decemberists, grails, the remaining intaglios, etc etc. soon soon, just gotta find the time and the help.
xoxo

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 am

Oooh ! :rolleyes:

I can hardly wait for the Phoenix Ice Cream Truck poster release. I did not see any at the show, either they sold in seconds and/or the supply was very limited. :clap:

Cheers!!

redoxreaction
New arrival

Postby redoxreaction » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Toronto posters are up in the Doublenaut shop - and going for 15 bucks!

http://www.doublenaut.com/blog/2009/06/ ... o-posters/

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for that.

Don't think I want any of them but the second night one is cool 8)

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Oh, man. How cheap! They just painted over the errors!

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Yay yay yay I like the second one!! Which is good because that's the show I saw. Must order asap!! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

sunnyringo
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sunnyringo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Cuse wrote:Oh, man. How cheap! They just painted over the errors!

I bought the Toronto posters a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy with them. :dunno: I think they actually did a pretty good job of correcting their mistakes. And they're selling them at a discounted price, which is good of them.

The first Toronto poster is my least favorite of the whole tour to be honest, but I'm quite fond of the second night poster.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 am

Yeah, I thought there was also some controversy surrounding the first one since it has a bit of a Nazi look to it....? :hrm:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:18 am

I think the first Toronto one is the worst poster of the tour tbh. Not even that its style seems to remind people of a certain image, just its not a good one for me. OK, so its meant to be some sort of comic reference I understand, but that went over my head. I don't read comics or know anything about the US ones really.

I just thought it was, well, nothing remotely Conchords related. The Austin one came a close second for disliking. Most of the others I liked to varying degrees. A few I adored. Of course on a tour like that I didn't expect to like all the posters. What one likes another won't.

As for them fixing the mistake instead of reprinting, if thats the Conchords manangement asking that then fair enough. Saves paper :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Ooh the 2nd toronto one is really neat. The first one - not so much.
90% evil
ImageImage

sunnyringo
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sunnyringo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 am

Vegas posters are up for sale on Nic Marshall's Etsy shop.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”