HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

Postby helgecko » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

biscuit wrote:Wow! That Russian doll analysis just blew me away! I love that 'uckin meta shi' :lol:

oh phew! I'm glad it makes sense to someone else! it had occurred to me that I was going a bit mad... :lol:

biscuit wrote:And it is also a very well formulated argument for the show being over for good. That's about as wrapped up as it can get:)

yeah, I agree. I was a little nervous at the thought of a third season for other reasons, but after seeing this episode I was like "no! you can't!". I really think this just rounds the whole show off perfectly. :) :cry:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 am

helgecko wrote:
biscuit wrote:Wow! That Russian doll analysis just blew me away! I love that 'uckin meta shi' :lol:

oh phew! I'm glad it makes sense to someone else! it had occurred to me that I was going a bit mad... :lol:

There is a very fine line between genius and madness :wink: I thought the analysis was brilliant though! What do you do for a living?

I'm sad that it is over but I too think it has run its course. I would love to see them in something else though, and preferably live as well. I'm so jealous of the Americans :roll:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 pm

That was a great way of summing it all up. The whole series from start to finish has been like a mockumentary of their lives... They integrated so much of their real experiences as Bret and Jemaine into the show, through characters and different situations. That's what makes it so brilliant.

These boys are SMART cookies- there is a reason we have to watch each episode multiple times to catch everything...

I can't wait until the DVD of Season Two comes out so I can watch them all again and again!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 pm

biscuit wrote:There is a very fine line between genius and madness :wink: I thought the analysis was brilliant though! What do you do for a living?

thanks... I think :lol:
I.. ah.. it's a bit hard to explain, but I'm a Community Support Officer for a State Government environmental body.

biscuit wrote:I'm sad that it is over but I too think it has run its course. I would love to see them in something else though, and preferably live as well. I'm so jealous of the Americans :roll:

Yeah, I'm excited to see what they do next :D
Where do you live?

Image Image Image Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm

helgecko wrote:Yeah, I'm excited to see what they do next :D
Where do you live?

I live in Norway, famous for selling town clocks cheap to small towns in New Zealand. We're not big fans of loud chimes up here :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

biscuit wrote:I live in Norway, famous for selling town clocks cheap to small towns in New Zealand. We're not big fans of loud chimes up here :lol:

Haha! :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image Image

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:08 pm

helgecko~ Loved your analysis of the show. Spot-on!

This was the perfect way to end the show/series. And like most, I would love to see them again in something, but not a season 3 of this show.
(But if for some reason a "3" is made, I'll certainly watch!)

Particularly enjoyed your reference to the spontaneous music they created both at the beginning and end. Music for the love/enjoyment of it-pure and simple. Loved that.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:12 pm

oh phew! I'm glad it makes sense to someone else! it had occurred to me that I was going a bit mad...

YES. YES. YES. Great analysis.
The end felt so perfect to me that I've watched it three times, and while it's a little bittersweet, it ends so beautifully that I can't help but grinning every time. Every time!

:D
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 pm

It was also the perfect way to end the episode and the show. It would have been drastically out of character to show them “joyful“ back in New Zealand without musical context (since they don’t really show much of any emotion without musical context). And if they hadn’t been shown as being happy back in New Zealand, I wouldn’t have been able to watch the episode more than once. As it is, I feel like crying and cheering at the same time. Which is nice

Asolutely! :clap:

Love your theory, it makes good sense and I agree that it ended perfectly. I can't imagine the show going on as before after that ending, and I'm ok with that. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 am

aw, thanks guys!! :D I'm really glad what I said makes sense.
Seriously, all of that was rattling around in my brain for so long, half driving me mad and half delighting me.

As I've said to others, I wouldn't call this episode the funniest or the one with the best songs, but for what it is and what it does, I think it's far and away the best episode of the whole series. Big big BIG kudos to everyone involved! :D

Image Image Image Image

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Bump!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “HBO TV series”