Demetri Martin

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Demetri Martin

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:52 am

I am definitely going. My best friend lives in LA and has so many opportunity to do such awesome things. This time she is letting me join her for the premiere.

I will be in LA for the premiere and then staying for his show the 30th, which is Sunday night in Anaheim. I can't get enough of Demetri!! He is gonna be great in this flick. I watched the trailers, interviews and am looking forward to it with great anticipation.
Eugene Levy is also one of my favs. I bet they had a wonderful time filming together. The old professional goofball with the young thinking man's comic. :supz:

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Thursday I am heading to LA. yippee!! The beaches are calling me. Unfortunately for the onlookers; :cry: goodies have called me for weeks prior to "suiting up for a swim"! :shock:

Then the last day of my trip I am going to the Demetri show! Great way to wrap up a vacation. :clap:

My girlfriend Bev that lives in LA, told me my posts might have been misleading, sorry about that. The movie we are seeing is the LA Woodstock premiere this week in some selected theatre. Not some star studded event :oops: I thougth it was more exclusive, but it will be a great time anyway!! Hey who needs star studded events anyway???? :rolleyes: okay I do..but...its Okay :lol:

It is still gonna be a fantastic, super, wonderful break from this heat and my boring life.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey, ItsAllRyche, how was the Demetri show?
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Demetri show that I am going to is August 30th. I cannot wait... :pray: please hurry up time!!, and then slow down of course once show starts...

It is in Anaheim. But, I am gonna see the movie "Taking Woodstock" this weekend.

Actually NEXT weekend!! I am just wishing I was getting out of town sooner!
Last edited by ItsAllRyche on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Oh, never mind. LOL! Got my Saturdays mixed up!

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Okay, I think I got the 30th off from work. I just have to buy my tickets once I get paid. I'm crossing my fingers that better seats will come up if I wait a little longer.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:42 pm

vmh, even if you don't get good seats, Demetri really works the whole audience. If you're not within range of the Big Pad, for example, he'll read the stuff off it. Like I said, a great show!

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:06 pm

That's good to know. Thanks mm!

PS: Demetri is going to be on Conan this Friday (8/14).
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Oooh, gotta TiVo that. Thank YOU!

I am bike-cheese!

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah Vmh ! I really hope you go!

I already set my DVR for Friday, Thanks for update ! Yippee Yippee!! Love Demetri !!

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Who saw Demetri Friday night on Conan?
If anyone recorded but did not watch yet...don't read rest of this post...

The stilts killed me. And to know he actually moved to LA...cool, he seems like a West Coast guy to me, not surprised to see he came out here. The surfing down Manhattan skit..classic, loved it from before! Someone on the other forum has it as her avatar.

It makes me more excited to see him (two weeks and counting down!)in Anaheim. :rolleyes:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 am

Here's the interview if anyone missed it.

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/demetri-martin-081409/1145674/

Shaq's not so big now, is he? :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:37 pm

I calculated all the ticketmaster fees and two tickets will amount to $91. As of now, the best seats are in Tier 4. :(

But I found a guy on craigslist that is selling a pair in Tier 2 so I may be buying tickets off him this weekend. :D Maybe we could meet up before the show, Ryche. I'll be there with my sister.

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Yes that would be great !!! I am going with my best friend Bev.

I am pm'ing you my cell phone number!!

:D Gonna be a great show!

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 am

Hey the show was so awesome!!!! I am not worthy!!!! :supz: :prayer: Demetri tried out a bunch of new stuff, very funny and he just chatted with everyone from the stage for a while then closed the show.

Also, got together with Vmh!!!! She is really cool and we had a great time.

But I am in the Hotel on laptop and I am just exhausted, so pics will follow, yep, after the show Demetri hung out and took time with everyone, I mean everyone...and he made sure everyone got good pics and he talked so naturally with us all, and guess what else? He knows my best friend!!! From the restaurant she manages, one of his favs!!! What a small world...

Chat tomorrow when I get back to Phoenix :cry: :cry:

I wlll miss the beach and the fun. :( But as I told Vmh, I will be back in November...no beach but lots of fun!

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”