Season 2 - Outtakes discussion

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Season 2 - Outtakes discussion - Major spoiler alert

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 am

I have broadband and that little spinny mac color wheel keeps coming up and it just locks up. Maybe I'll try it on the little laptop later and let it load and do other stuff like you said. I think boyfriend has too much stuff saved on the mac or something.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:54 am

Its causing me the same problem :roll: Its annoying and nothing to do with internet connection.

Please remember that posting lots of large files (actual bytes, not dimensions) on one page can cause peoples computers to lock up. Usually laptops and those with not much space left.

I cannot do anything about the gifs as I can't load the pages or navigate them on this computer. And opening another page is no good as it causes the entire browser to lock up.

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Sherry wrote:Usually laptops and those with not much space left.

Oh, that's me. lol. Not much space on the mac and my laptop is more or less an E-machine with 1gb of memory. Sorry didn't mean to cause problems, just was curious as to what was on that page.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Aww sorry guys! I feel so guilty for all this :/

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:58 pm

there there there there there
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Aww sorry guys! I feel so guilty for all this :/

Don't feel guilty. Just remember the file sizes of some of these gifs is 6MB and more. Which is a lot. And if you post 3 or 4 in one post and they get quoted on the same page etc, or people post others, it will be a large amount of data to load. Its usually ok for most people if they have space, but lappys and older computers may well creak and give out under the strain.

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 am

If I had an infinite amount of free time I would optimize all these GIFs, 'cause I have a lot of experience at it. I just plan to stay away from GIF-heavy threads, my computer will thank me later. :)

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:43 am

Venus wrote:I found the Easter Egg too :D

It took me awhile to find that egg :doh: :roll:

Even though Bret doesn't laugh very much in the outtakes its pretty adorable when he does esp in the "You have to be deaf to hear that" outtake :roll2:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:57 pm

I was watching the outtakes on thursday (for like the 12th time) and noticed something I had previously missed. In the very first outtake with Keitha, Jemaine licks his lips and smiles (while Keitha is saying "what the f***")......

:thud:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Haha yep! The "f" sound causes her to spit a little bit of food out and that prompts Rhys to say "Awww, JEsus..." in disgust and everyone starts laughing :lol:

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:I was watching the outtakes on thursday (for like the 12th time) and noticed something I had previously missed. In the very first outtake with Keitha, Jemaine licks his lips and smiles (while Keitha is saying "what the f***")......

:thud:

:blush: Oh, Jemmles.
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:09 pm

And I suppose that men dont know that we women notice things like that, much less get all jazzed up about it......
Someone should mention that to Jem, he might cause ladies some serious harm...especially if operating heavy machinery while watching outtakes :shock:

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 am

closet jemainiac wrote:And I suppose that men dont know that we women notice things like that, much less get all jazzed up about it......
Someone should mention that to Jem, he might cause ladies some serious harm...especially if operating heavy machinery while watching outtakes :shock:

:roll2: :nod:
ImageImageImageImage

songbird

Postby songbird » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 am

Ok, I was FINALLY able to watch this over the weekend now that I'm home!

It was the very first thing I watched on the dvd because I was just so excited, and I've gotta say, I was certainly not disappointed. Watching Jem bust out laughing every two seconds was one of the nicest, happiest things I'd ever seen. And watching Bret laugh was adorable as well!

A couple of favourite parts: the part where Murray says "You'd have to be deaf to hear that" and both guys just bust out laughing is so adorable :D especially when Bret exclaims "that doesn't even make sense!" :roll2:

The scene where Murray tells Jem to make a sculpture of a dinosaur with the extra little plastic packaging pieces from the cookie shipment...I was in utter hysterics! And the part where Jem cracks up at the beginning of Demon Woman is too cute.

And finally.... THE HOT DOGS. I don't even have words to describe. Me and my sister were speechless. And of course then died of laugter a couple minutes later :roll2:

Overall, the whole sequence was just wonderful and was exactly what I was hoping for. I've already watched it twice and definitely intend many many more viewings to pick up the little details that I've missed the first two times! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:46 am

So I am getting OCD on trying to figure out what Bret says during the second clip of them combing through the garbage with Mel. I know it starts with "Sh*t man..." and then naming some place having 3 times as many people as New Zealand. Anyone else able to decipher it?

Also, cracks me up to see that they dropped Murray's glass desk!

Return to “HBO TV series”