April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

Postby LauraK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 am

Lol, we did have front row seats....hubby was right next to me....Jemaine pointed at me during Sugalumps and I believe I forgot he existed, lol!
Bret was right in front of us thrusting his crotch out for what seemed like forever while I tried to get a pic! It was GREAT!!!

I so wish we could do it over again and try to relish it more....make the time slow down...

Did you read our accounts? My husband was just as dazzled by Jemaine as I was, I think, and it shows in the pic :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:54 am

I did read all the accounts! My husband was pretty much there against his will...he kind of pouted the whole time...Maybe Jemaine was looking at HIM! "Cheer up dude!"

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:00 am

i do recall my daughters and i talking about how jemaine would lock eyes with you during the show. each one of us had that experience....it was....intimidating and wonderful, all at the same time. :)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:11 am

ardy wrote:i do recall my daughters and i talking about how jemaine would lock eyes with you during the show. each one of us had that experience....it was....intimidating and wonderful, all at the same time. :)

exactly!!!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 am

LauraK wrote:Lol, we did have front row seats....hubby was right next to me....Jemaine pointed at me during Sugalumps and I believe I forgot he existed, lol!
Bret was right in front of us thrusting his crotch out for what seemed like forever while I tried to get a pic! It was GREAT!!!

I so wish we could do it over again and try to relish it more....make the time slow down...

Did you read our accounts? My husband was just as dazzled by Jemaine as I was, I think, and it shows in the pic

:thud:
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 am

Oh, sorry nonch....I thought you knew that? I enjoyed it but at the time, I remember being both excited and embarrassed, but all I could think was "please come down here, Jemaine...please come down here, Jemaine...."

If you watch the one and only Sugalumps video from Detroit, (by our own bjp4444) you can see how long he did it for. And it was, seriously- right in front of us. I could've ruffled his truffle. (If I wanted to get kicked out.) We both had bits of tissue stuffed in our left ears cuz that speaker on stage was killing us, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mil18eKpgEg
I'm surprised Tom didn't try to to get me to lower my camera...hmmm, I'll have to ask him what he remembers about that! :hrm:

He's a great sport. I have the pic of Jemaine and I taped behind my sugar/flour canisters in the kitchen and I also put up the one of him and Jemaine because it really makes me smile. Plus, he sees my desktop is usually Jemaine. He's cool with it.....as long as I don't get Mel-ish, lol. I've said it before, I think he has a little man-crush- how could he not? :lol:
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 pm

He looked at me only once & didn't know what to do with myself. I noticed that he sometimes played up to cameras in the front rows. When he saw someone raise one he would often turn and look right at it so they could get a good shot, like this little bit from my friend's vid at the Philly show.

ImageImage
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:24 pm

He so awesome.
ImageImage

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 am

:nod:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 am

The thread that will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :supz:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 am

Yeah man, yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 am

Yes! :supz:

Especially if I post a few more pics.....some not very good ones but still....:) I wish I'd have taken a pic of Jemaine pointing at me but I was too freaked out and lowered the camera. He was "how-dare'ing you" everyone and pointing at everyone with a camera, lol!
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:42 am

A couple more pics from someone's public livejournal:

Here's his journal if you want to read his write-up and see more pics. (He got a few things wrong, but, eh....so what! Greta pointy-pic!!) :D
http://whitebrowgigs.livejournal.com/254635.html
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Didn't see this posted anywhere so here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZP8ADHf ... re=related
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:48 pm

That's so awesome, SW! There is a longer one too of Bret signing autographs that night and I believe that first one is ardy and her daughter :)

P.S. I'm totally jealous of all the people who met him before the pink lady got to him. Michael and Laura may disagree, but I think she really ruined his mood for the evening. In that video he's laughing and joking around and smiley - when we met him (unless my memory is just cutting out the good bits and only focusing on the sad bits, which, is not unlike my memory to do that) he was really exhausted and kind of "done" for the night, you know?

Maybe Michael/Laura can refresh my memory if that's not true.

DON'T GET ME WRONG - meeting him, hugging him, getting a picture ---> :thud:

But I really wish I would have also had a chance to joke/talk with him a bit as well, like those ladies in the video did :) The pink lady, IMHO, totally ruined it!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”