April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: April 24- Detroit, MI (11 pm)

Postby SheWolf » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:05 pm

I love watching him interact with people which is why I was kind of sulky about not getting to see him do much of that in Philly.

Can you post a link to the Bret vid?
90% evil
ImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:That's so awesome, SW! There is a longer one too of Bret signing autographs that night and I believe that first one is ardy and her daughter :)

P.S. I'm totally jealous of all the people who met him before the pink lady got to him. Michael and Laura may disagree, but I think she really ruined his mood for the evening. In that video he's laughing and joking around and smiley - when we met him (unless my memory is just cutting out the good bits and only focusing on the sad bits, which, is not unlike my memory to do that) he was really exhausted and kind of "done" for the night, you know?

Maybe Michael/Laura can refresh my memory if that's not true.

DON'T GET ME WRONG - meeting him, hugging him, getting a picture ---> :thud:

But I really wish I would have also had a chance to joke/talk with him a bit as well, like those ladies in the video did :) The pink lady, IMHO, totally ruined it!

What did the pink lady do?
(sorry if the answer is in the video, I can't watch it right now at work, but now I'm dying to know what this lady did to ruin Jem's mood)
Image Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Haha it's not - I have a short clip from the m&g too where you see just the brief end to the pink lady monopolizing Jemaine. It's a 30 secod clip and she was hoarding him for easily 10-15 minutes prior as well. If I was Jemaine I would be annoyed an ready to call it a night as well :?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks for posting that, SW. I tried and failed last night, stupid computer problems. Wish that were longer...I can hear my own laugh at one point, yikes.

Kelly, I think he was in great spirits with us. I'm sure he was glad to get away from her- she kept grabbing him by the arm and dragging him back, even when he'd started to talk to someone else. Didn't she drag him off again when someone else was still wanting a bit more convo or another pic? She was sort of like Jim...asking him lots of loud questions and just going on and on....it may have just been her way when nervous, or she had been doing a bit o drinking earlier on? I dunno. :dunno:

I didn't think she spoiled it for us, though. He was chatty, and smiley from what I remember. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 am

Ok, so Laura and Kelly, the next time they come to Detroit....please promise me you will slap me around :thump: if I start acting like that pink shirt lady. Who knows what will happen- I almost exploded today after watching the video of Jem saying hi to a fan named Renee. He wasnt even talking to me, but just my name coming out of his mouth about sent me into hysterics......

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 am

Haha - Trust me, you couldn't possibly act like her...she had to be a bit :drinkers: if you know what I mean.

Maybe it was just the way my mind warps things to seem worse than they are, Laura. You know I have a tendency to do that ;) But it seemed to me like he was super exhausted and ready to leave by the time he met us. I mean, I don't even blame him - at this point it was well past 3 am! Maybe just when he met me because I was literally the last person he met for the night.

He just seemed tired. Poor guy. I'm sure he was. The guys are seriously too awesome to us :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 am

Aw Kelly...he talked to me and Michael for quite a little bit and he'd have probably talked to you more if you'd been better able to form words ;) ....and there's no way he could have been more tired than Bret was. He was almost asleep on his feet.

I really think he'd had a nap while Bret came out and mingled with us. :) And look at his face in your hug pic! He didn't seem that tired to me...

Renee....:) Trust me- when you're in their presence, you suddenly become more quiet and respectful. They're in front of you....looking at you...talking to you...and you see that they're just 2 really nice, normal guys. (No matter how fan-girly we get here!) When you get to meet them, you'll do fine, just wait and see!

Before the show, I felt like you. Every day, watching everyone's tour vids, hearing meet and greet stories, seeing the awesome pics, I was squealing in my chair, getting butterflies thinking about the M&G! But it was great....even if most of what I'd wanted to say flew out my ears....:lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:03 am

You know, I dont get all worked up about meeting Bret...just hoping I can think of something to say to make him laugh....Its that other guy that gets me all in a tizzy :love: What do I say without sounding like a total retard??!! lol I guess Ive got time to work on that...

and you're probably right...No matter how crazy I get here...Im still quite a shy person in real life....I cant imagine that would magically change in the presence of Mr Clement! I know though that I MUST get a hug from both!! I HAVE to give them both a good squeeze!

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 am

hey yeah that IS us in that video....we were nervously chatting up bret...my daughter's giddy laughing says it all :)

they were SO nice to take the time....albeit very late on the clock...to
meet us fans that night....i heart these guys.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”