Limited Edition FOTC Concert Posters

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Limited Edition FOTC Concert Posters

Postby Whambi » Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 am

Did every city have a limited edition poster (only 200 made) for sale?. They had one for sale in Chicago made by Tyler Scout (the artist who did the foldout poster in the new CD). The merchandise stand was so crowded, I didn't get to see the detail in the poster, it had the concert date listed and drawn inside was the famous marquee of the Chicago Theatre and the city and state. Now that I see one up on Ebay for $30, I wish I bought one at the show for $10. If anyone has one from another city can you scan a picture of it. I'd be curious to see what each city's poster looks like.

Jilly
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Jilly » Wed May 21, 2008 1:55 am

They had a limited edition lithograph for sale in DC too. Whambi, your description of the Chicago poster sounds pretty much like what they had in DC. Lisner Auditorium, however, is not quite a world famous venue, so I wasn't so crazy about the litho!

And I recall that because it was a lithograph, it was priced at about $30. The regular posters were $10. If it had just been ten bucks, I might have bought it. I went for the $25 Redheads not Warheads t-shirt instead (which ran surprisingly small, I might add).

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Thu May 22, 2008 9:38 pm

The Chicago poster looked like this:

Found the pic on ebay!

I was lucky enough to buy a poster in Denver. $30 for a screenprinted poster that has a 100 edition is pretty cheap. It was so pretty. At the signing, Jemaine said this design (not because its Denver) was his favorite. They used metallic ink and have the Colorado state flag in it lol.

I would love to see all of the posters!

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 am

Thanks Jilly for the pricing info, I guess I didn't read the prices correctly, I thought both posters were $10.

And you're right, HBThingy, your Denver poster is really nice. I like the green hues and the multiple amphibians. Nice!

Come on folks, lets see some more cities posters!

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Mon May 26, 2008 4:05 am

This is mine from Columbus...

I guess they were all different...I love mine because I traveled from Atlanta to Columbus to see the guys and this has the date and the city and the venue name on it. Proof of my insanity. 8)
Set your Phasers on Funky!

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon May 26, 2008 4:35 am

Cool poster and autographed too, lucky, lucky you!!! I like both Denver and Columbus better that the Chicago one

Thanks for posting it saffymatt

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 am

Gorgeous! The lettering is doing a jello dance 8)
Thank you for posting!

SweetMarie
New arrival

OMG

Postby SweetMarie » Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 am

I just got back from the LA Orpheum show and I got one of the $30 prints/posters. There was one in a red scheme and one in blue, I liked the blue better and my friend got the red one, but what really sold us was in addition to the nice paper and great color (and a slightly metallic green ink too) the girls selling them had little black light wands to show that the entire poster subtlely GLOWS IN THE DARK! And Bret and Jemaine have full skeletons, there's some gray on Jemaine's black shirt to show you that there's a lot more going on. So amazing.

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:46 am

Wow! They saved the best for last. Can you post a pic with the glow in the dark skeletons?

Such an awesome poster! :love:

SweetMarie
New arrival

Postby SweetMarie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:35 am

I tried but the 'glow' isn't bright enough to get picked up by my camera in the dark so I just got a bunch of black pics. It's really cool, sorry I can't show it. The words glow and Bret's crossed skeleton arms are amazing.

I framed it today and sat in the dark with a flashlight playing with it for awhile.

liezl
Keeping it funky

Postby liezl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:17 am

Image Image

.. i love my camera. :)

SweetMarie
New arrival

Postby SweetMarie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 am

you totally win.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:10 pm

liezl wrote:Image Image

How totally cool is that! :prayer:

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 am

Lucky, lucky SweetMarie & Liezl!

You guys definitely got the coolest posters in LA!

That poster trumps all the rest :nod:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 am

liezl wrote:Image Image

I love your camera too. That poster has got to be the coolest thing ever. :pout: I want one!

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”