Pets, pets and more pets

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Pets, pets and more pets

Postby jillbean » Sun May 16, 2010 4:22 am

closet jemainiac wrote:
Nancy wrote:I agree with jillbean - at this point, the dog thinks they're littermates, and associating the little one with his Mom all the time will change his perception. Soon Jackson will also be considered a leader if the suggested methods are employed consistently. It's most important to practice these principles daily, not just once in awhile.
Her suggestion of consulting a dog trainer is a good one. But remember, it won't happen overnight - patience, patience, patience!

:thumb:

Ditto that!

(Like how I just agree with everyone instead of writing my own advice? :P that's me being lazy)

:lol:

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun May 16, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks guys. Jill that's a fantastic idea. Amber already sits Jackson in her lap and puts treats on his hand and lets him give them to Toby. And I have done the same. But I think that the more routine stuff is a great idea. We'll try that for sure.

So day, I had my Godaughter Bella over and Toby wasn't like that with her at all. I think that it's because her and Jackson are eye to eye at this stage and Bella is taller than Toby so get's that she's a little human.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat May 22, 2010 10:06 am

Does anyone have any really good doggie friendly recipes? Shelly and I are catering and doing events and things and I'm thinking about doing dog parties. Anywhere else in the county this would be ridiculous. However, this is Boulder. You can take your dog into the bank and the teller had a bowl of dog treats instead of candy. They passed a LAW now that people with dogs are not "owners" they are "guardians". WHY would I pass up this opportunity hahahahahhaa.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I Googled "Dog Treat Recipes Healthy" and came up with this:

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products/recipe-book/

In the show "Providence", the sister ran a shop called The Barkery, with all sorts of healthy dog treats and food. I wonder if they ever came out with
a cookbook. :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sat May 22, 2010 9:35 pm

3 dog bakery has a cookbook out I think. :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 am

deliriumtree wrote:3 dog bakery has a cookbook out I think. :D

Indeed they do! If I remember correctly the cover has three dogs in chef's hats on the front.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 am

Niiiice. Thanks girls. I found out that there is a dog bakery here in town and I might talk to them about doing some events together etc.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue May 25, 2010 4:31 am

OK, Shelly is a vet tech and I just read her some of your posts about stupid dog owners and "breeds" like the rare black bichon blahahahahahahha. We were ROLLING!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue May 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Emafer wrote:Does anyone have any really good doggie friendly recipes? Shelly and I are catering and doing events and things and I'm thinking about doing dog parties. Anywhere else in the county this would be ridiculous. However, this is Boulder. You can take your dog into the bank and the teller had a bowl of dog treats instead of candy. They passed a LAW now that people with dogs are not "owners" they are "guardians". WHY would I pass up this opportunity hahahahahhaa.

Isnt Colorado also the state that has a ban on "owning" pitbulls? :hrm: or is that just Denver?

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed May 26, 2010 4:01 am

It's just Denver.

But CJ, it gets better. Boulder County passed a law that a dog owner is no longer an "owner" they are a "guardian". I'm not kidding.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 am

does it really mean anything legally though? Are they subject to scrutiny for their care of their "pets"?

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed May 26, 2010 4:17 am

I'm not really sure but I think it's possible. I just know like, for example, there are lots of trails and parks where you can have your dog off leash. However, you, not the dog, have to be sight and sound certified. The dog wears the tag stating that it's "guardian" is allowed to have them off leash hahahahahahah.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 29, 2010 5:27 am

Well, Rex, my big 15-year-old hugely-double-pawed orange cat, isn't doing great. In November he was 13 lbs, in March he was 10, he's now under 10 lbs. His bloodwork is normal - he's going for an ultrasound next Monday. Given his symptoms and what she felt on examining him, the vet suspects Gastric Lymphoma. :cry: If that is the case, our aim is to keep him comfortable with non-invasive procedures, instead of surgeries that wouldn't improve his quality of life. I immediately came home and took pics and videos of him. He loves it when I flash the laser mouse around the room - he looks like a 2-year-old kitty. So right now, he's in no pain and his quality of life is good, so we wait....
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat May 29, 2010 5:47 am

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about Rex. Hopefully this time will be pain free for him and you'll get to spend lots of quality time together.

This week, we found out that Toby has hypothyroid. Amber has to start giving him medication and then we will have him tested every month until things get regulated. For the last month he's been losing the hair on his snout. Shelly pointed out that this could be a symptom of hypothyroid so Amber had him checked out. Sure enough. And he's been VERY lethargic. So hopefully we can get him quickly regulated and he can more forward with a healthy active life. He's only 2 1/2!

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Sat May 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear that is what your vet is suspecting about Rex. :hug:

Return to “Off topic rambles”