Austin TX - 5/7 show

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Austin TX - 5/7 show

Postby poptartgirl » Thu May 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Sorry to crush your dreams but I'm not taking my camera :wink: .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 pm

LauraK wrote:Bueller?? Bueller??

Well, there Dedra and her husband are just south of Dallas right now. So that makes 3 of us. Sorry, none of us will be taking pictures. I don't have a decent pocket camera and my Canon is way too bulky to bring in. We are bringing it, just in case they have a m&g after.

A tweet from Eugene last night around 1am said they were on their way Austin then and he's already tweeted from here at 11am.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 7:55 pm

poptartgirl wrote:Sorry to crush your dreams but I'm not taking my camera :wink: .

Uh...ok. :dunno:

Have fun.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 pm

tvldiva wrote:
LauraK wrote:Bueller?? Bueller??

Well, there Dedra and her husband are just south of Dallas right now. So that makes 3 of us. Sorry, none of us will be taking pictures. I don't have a decent pocket camera and my Canon is way too bulky to bring in. We are bringing it, just in case they have a m&g after.

A tweet from Eugene last night around 1am said they were on their way Austin then and he's already tweeted from here at 11am.

S'ok....I'm sure plenty of pics will pop up online. Have a great time! :)
ImageImage

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Thu May 07, 2009 8:12 pm

LauraK wrote:
poptartgirl wrote:Sorry to crush your dreams but I'm not taking my camera :wink: .

Uh...ok. :dunno:

Have fun.

Bass Concert Hall is just one of those venues where I don't want to deal with hassle of security or hiding my camera in uncomfortable places :wink: .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Gotcha. :)
I can't tell you how nervous we were about tking our cameras into the Fox- especially after we heard there were going to be metal detectors. But the crowd was so thick we handed off our purses, security stuck a wand barely inside for about 1 second and that was it- we were in.

I had made a false-bottom in my purse, though, lol, plus my camera isn't anything professional with a big lens.

I put this in the Detroit thread so apologies for being redundant....but after we were seated we said hi to our security dude. He seemed really nice and so I just flat-out asked him what the policy was for picture-taking. He said it was supposed to be no cameras but that if I wanted to get some shots that'd be ok, just not to go overboard, no flash, and no filming. :D I showed him my camera and how I'd covered over the flash...he laughed. He couldn't have been nicer, so we were pretty lucky.

We saw loads of people filming, taking camera-pics, and other ushers/security telling peeps to put away their cameras but I don't believe I saw any get confiscated.

Then of course during Sugalumps, Jemaine and Bret chastising people for filming or photographing their Sugalumps. Bret was 2 ft from me and watched as I took his picture.... :worry:
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 am

Hmph. Just reading Tweets from people who claim to have crashed the show....one says they're just waiting for someone to claim the seat they're sitting in.... :shock:

People do this??? :tsk:
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 am

TwitPic from brandonhatmaker a minute ago:
http://twitter.com/brandonhatmaker

ImageImage

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sun May 10, 2009 1:40 am

OK, I'm the first.

The singing and dancing were as good as I expected. Sugarlumps was much better at the show than on TV because they added so many funny descriptions of their SLs that would not have been allowed on TV. And the dancing was funny.

I have no set list for you. But I will say that played all the songs from the One Night Stand except "Issues" and "Boom." Bus Driver was exactly like the version on the Folk The World CD, so I sang along. I would have liked to have heard "Carol Brown" but they played several other songs from Season 2.

There was no M & G. There were maybe 30 to 40 people waiting at the most, but people kept leaving when the security guards told us the guys had left - several times. So they wouldn't have been overwhelmed. In fact we were all standing in a nice little line with nearly as many guys as girls. It wasn't crazy like a lot of the other venues I've read about.

They skipped the other TX venues also.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun May 10, 2009 3:13 am

Cool! :thumb: Sounds like a good show. I hope they do BSD in Portland. They do it pretty much every show, it seems, so I'm assuming they will.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”