April 25 - Bloomington, Ind.

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
stank
Giving the paper to the people

April 25 - Bloomington, Ind.

Postby stank » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

I don't know if anyone on this site is going to this besides me so I might be posting in this thread by myself. Oh well. I just checked ticketmaster and came up with a single in row 11, left-center section. So singles are there if you want 'em.

stank

Re: April 25 - Bloomington, Ind.

Postby stank » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Well, that ticket's gone now. So nevermind.

stank

Postby stank » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 pm

days left.

I guess I'm the only one on here going to this show. That's a lot of pressure for me to give a recap and get good pictures.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:53 pm

stank wrote:I guess I'm the only one on here going to this show. That's a lot of pressure for me to give a recap and get good pictures.

Yes. So don't screw up. :lol: But seriously, go and enjoy and have fun for the rest of us who wish we could go. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

stank

Postby stank » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:31 pm

day left. Well, one and a half, really.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm

It's just hours away now! Have a great time!
Spandex Inspector #12

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Enjoy yourself stank and I look forward to reading about your experience! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

stank

Postby stank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Gameday!

I think I woke up too early. Now this day is going to last forever.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:10 pm

That's what you want! Believe me, it's going to go by too fast once you're there- savor every second! :)

If I could get away with it, I'd jump in my van and start driving out there right now! Like us, I see that there are tickets being sold for very good prices on craigslist for your show. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

stank

Postby stank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 pm

My buddy just got here from Kentucky so we're going to head down to Bloomington in about an hour. I got my cameras ready, my album, my Under the Radar magazine for autographs, an 8X10 and the album (in case they'll sign more than one thing). I'm pumped.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:31 pm

They sure signed more than 1 thing at out M&G. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear your report and see the pics! If they're really cracking down on pics/vids, just hit your record and get some of the songs and banter- you'll be glad you did. I wish I had done for more than just 1 song.

We taked to the guy who was in our area, and he said go ahead and take some pics- no flash, no vids- but don't go crazy and that'll be fine. Someone else said talk with and be friendly to your security guy....it really helped. I should've gotten his name- he was really a nice guy. had never seen or heard of the guys before but said now he's a fan! :D

Who knows? maybe your guy will be even looser. :)
ImageImage

stank

Postby stank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm ok with only getting pics. It's harder to enjoy the music if I have to concentrate on holding the camera steady if I am doing video. My buddy is a gadget guy and he can actually do live streaming video on his iphone. It goes through qik.com. I'm not sure if we'll do that though. I don't want to get kicked out. I'm hoping and wishing for a meet and greet. Hopefully since they won't be in any rush to get to their next show they can come out.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:23 pm

What I meant was just hit record, lay your camera in your lap or even under your seat, and just get the audio. :) My camera's not the greatest but the sound was terrific! That way, you could just enjoy the show and then listen to it (or parts of it) again later.
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:27 pm

LauraK wrote:What I meant was just hit record, lay your camera in your lap or even under your seat, and just get the audio. :) My camera's not the greatest but the sound was terrific! That way, you could just enjoy the show and then listen to it (or parts of it) again later.

I really wish I'd done that, Laura. I probably had enough battery life to last me too! I'm really missing hearing the banter right now. I'm afraid if I don't hear it again I'm going to forget it really soon, that's why as soon as I remember any part of it I type it up real fast so I won't forget later.

Have a great time tonight, stank! Get some great pictures. And they're such darlings, they'll sign almost anything you want :)

stank

Postby stank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 pm

That's a great idea. Plus I got two cameras so I can use one to get audio and the other to take pictures.

We're heading to Bloomington now. Gonna grab a couple tasty beverages before the show. I don't have twitter so I won't be able to give updates. It's Business Time!!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”