April 24- Detroit, MI. (8 pm)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: April 24- Detroit, MI. (8 pm)

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Haha thanks Sherry for posting that account by Alec :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Sherry - that IS how it went, yes. There was a lot of bj humor in there. After Bret amended his number to the 4,017 number, Jemaine blushed and said he felt embarrassed for Bret for even saying it. But yes, that account was a very good, accurate account.

And Laura, I completely forgot that it was $30. There was such a big crowd and I was so nervous about them running out before I got up to the front that when I got there I just threw the money at her and ran basically :lol: Ask Michael - that's almost exactly how it happened :roll2:

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:05 am

Kelly giving away pit seats. Selling posters below cost. Your friends must love you.

:hug:

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:There was a lot of bj humor in there. After Bret amended his number to the 4,017 number, Jemaine blushed and said he felt embarrassed for Bret for even saying it.

I love him for blushing. LOVE.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 am

She is viry lovable. And she will be getting that $10 in the mail! :bighug:

Wow, I've never heard them talk like that before! I'm looking forward to hearing it....risque talk from the boys! :oops: :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 am

LauraK wrote:She is viry lovable. And she will be getting that $10 in the mail! :bighug:

Wow, I've never heard them talk like that before! I'm looking forward to hearing it....risque talk from the boys! :oops: :)

I've seen them talk like this thanks to youtube haha! It must be their accents, their sweet nature or something but they just get away with saying these risque things without anyone being offended.

Warning: Dirty talk :lol:
Taken at a show last year. I really wasn't expecting Bret to say that at the end. Hilarious though :rolls: :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qShQu6gXbE
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 am

Not only did they talk like that, but at the end of "Think about it", it took FOREVER for the lights to fade out. When it finally did and the lights came back up after the song was finished- Bret made a comment about how that song took longer than normal because the lighting guy took forever. Jemaine kind of looked around a bit, smirked, and said it probably was because the lighting guy was probably getting a... - and then stuck his tongue in his cheek and moved it around VIRY provocatively - but it got a HUGE laugh because it was only a song or two after we had that big 'bj' discussion earlier. He then talked about how a "good one can be viry distracting".

Yikes, I'm blushing just remembering this conversation :lol:

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:29 am

They've done the blowjob bit before - last year at Columbus, Jemaine claimed to have gotten 50 of them. Simultaneously.

Bret: How does that work?
Jemaine: It's very technical.

:rolls:

Oh, and Murray was also hanging out with Bart Simpson, if I recall. :) Some dopes always ask for Murray at every show...

And yes, Kelly IS the best, she's a great date. :clap: I had to assure her that there were plenty of boxes full of posters. I had the height advantage so I could see over the crowd. All I wanted were the magnets!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 am

Venus wrote:
LauraK wrote:She is viry lovable. And she will be getting that $10 in the mail! :bighug:

I've seen them talk like this thanks to youtube haha! It must be their accents, their sweet nature or something but they just get away with saying these risque things without anyone being offended.

Warning: Dirty talk :lol:
Taken at a show last year. I really wasn't expecting Bret to say that at the end. Hilarious though :rolls: :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qShQu6gXbE

Oh my.......
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler: dirty description
fans asking for fingerbanging!
:shock: Yep, I'd have been blushing! To think...someone probably really asked them that....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:49 am

Yis, I was freaking out quite a bit. That merch table was PACKED and all I saw was poster after poster being sold and I knew they'd be limited. The number on my poster was 175/250. But I don't think they went in order exactly so who knows how many were left. But Michael DID have the height advantage - and he was the best concert date I could've asked for :nod:. Next tour I think we should definitely do it again!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 am

OK, you guys, don't act so shocked at the foul mouths of our boys! Surely we can all think of many previous examples of their off-color humor. I for one think it's really funny because it contrasts so nicely with their more usual type of humor, which I see as more witty and gentle. The raunch is good to have, though, because it keeps them from being too cute or sweet. Plus I enjoy it for purely wicked reasons. :twisted:

gnomer
New arrival

Postby gnomer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 am

Sherry wrote:During Sugarlumps, Bret pretended to ask girls up to the audience only to back away as if they were rushing the stage, saying things like "Get up here, get up here - OH, WHOAH, HEY THERE, BACK OFF." He did this to two embarrassed girls.[/b]

As one of the girls I can't say that I was embarassed!

But yes, that's how it all went down - great review Alec!

One other thing I remembered--at the beginning of Carol Brown, Bret said that they've been asking the ladies for some help on the chorus. He sang it once and asked the ladies to do it. I didn't hear it but apparently there was a male voice in the crowd singing. The guys started laughing and saying 'You don't think we can hear you!' and then they said something about how one of the girls in the chorus turned out to be a man, so the guy in the audience could be him!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 am

:lol: :roll2: Ah yis Tracey I remember this! That was hilarious! I laughed til I cried at that little bit. "There was a MAN singing in that!" and then Jemaine pointed over on our side (his side) of the orchestra pit and said, "It was someone over here!"

Can't wait to get the audio back so I can relive that - that's for sure :lol:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Sherry - that IS how it went, yes. There was a lot of bj humor in there. After Bret amended his number to the 4,017 number, Jemaine blushed and said he felt embarrassed for Bret for even saying it. But yes, that account was a very good, accurate account.

Thanks for letting me know.

I always figure what the Conchords use in their live sets are fair game for gig convo so generally don't hesitate to post stuff (nor do I moderate it out of posts), but as he was the only person who had said anything about it, I just wanted to confirm it via someone here who had seen it. Don't want to be posting about BJ's on the site if they really didn't talk about them in the set :lol: :oops:

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 am

mockingbird wrote:OK, you guys, don't act so shocked at the foul mouths of our boys! Surely we can all think of many previous examples of their off-color humor. I for one think it's really funny because it contrasts so nicely with their more usual type of humor, which I see as more witty and gentle. The raunch is good to have, though, because it keeps them from being too cute or sweet. Plus I enjoy it for purely wicked reasons. :twisted:

One hilaaarious misunderstanding was way back, after their show in Edinburgh, when a lass asked them if they wanted to have a spit roast, only later to find out it wasn't a barbeque..
Would you like to see my stimulus package??

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”