May 2nd - Milwaukee, Wisconsin (early and late shows)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 2nd - Milwaukee, Wisconsin (early and late shows)

Postby LauraK » Tue May 05, 2009 12:41 am

I want to pinch the tiny pudge.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

AEW21
Lost but happy at sea

Postby AEW21 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

I'm just having great laughs trying to envision the shopping trip for these clothes--coming out of the dressing room in boas and mesh tanks and genie pants, 'til they settled on their stage outfits. Or maybe Jem just saw the gold pants and trusted they'd fit. (Though you'd think a 6'2, rather athletic-build man would want to try 'em on to make sure they...clung in all the right places and covered the rest. ;)

I like the lil' roll--he's just so sixy that his body had to make extra skin to hold it all.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 05, 2009 12:48 am

I wasn't being critical of the pudge. Anyone with more than zero percent body fat would have a bit of that hanging out given the tightness of the pants.

I do wonder where he got that fur shrug. I mean, I don't think they make those for men. :o

Demon Woman KILLED at Radio City, It was my favorite song of the night. Jemaine's voice was huge. And it was in my top 3 at Philly as well.

Back to the gold pants - I know the color is slightly different but they do look alot like these no?
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 05, 2009 1:08 am

Not only did we get feedback, but Jemaine's mic over by the drum kit didn't work until after - "You cast your spell - very well!". I could hear him just BARELY without the microphone on - and it sounded sixy :)

And, I love his pudge :D

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 05, 2009 4:57 am

Demon Woman totally rocked at the Chicago show, but I can't seem to remember it very well from the Milwaukee concert. I think my forgetfulness must have something to do with the fact that Jemaine's bare chest was staring at me.

I agree, the pudge is adorable.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 05, 2009 2:14 pm

For the people who saw it up close are you sure it's a thong? It looks pretty thick and it looks like he might have tighty whiteys on as well.
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Ya know...It really looked like a thong, it could be meant as a belt of some sort though. omg. Jemaine is a riot. I still cant believe what I saw, it's just too good. I'm still seeing instant reply in my brain, thank god that memory is embedded.

I hope that someone has the very end of the encore on video & that it turns up so that 1) we can see it again, thats VIRY important & 2) we can solve the mystery of the blue sequined hip hugger that our 'Snake Hips' is wearing. What an absolute tease. I love this man. :prayer:

I just was too stunned, excited, and savoring to react fast, didnt have the wherewithall to take a pic.I'm bruised from kicking myself, and you should see the shape of my forehead from hitting myself upside the head, UGH!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 pm

SheWolf wrote:For the people who saw it up close are you sure it's a thong? It looks pretty thick and it looks like he might have tighty whiteys on as well.

It most definitely was butt floss because when he got off of his chair his pants had slipped down a little and I definitely saw blue sequins going down the crack.

Now that would have been the opportune time to have yelled out "i see you got it going on, wanna see you wearing that blue sequined thong, thong, thong, see you getting on to the break of dawn..........panties on!'
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Yeah, initially I thought it might be a belt, but when Whambi said "thong" that made a lot more sense, and she did have a closer view than me. He was not wearing the black belt at the 10pm show that I see in pictures from the 7pm, and so his pants were riding rather low. When he got up to walk off stage, they had slipped down far enough that there was about a four inch gap between the pants and the blue whatever-it-was. I am almost certain there were no tighty-whiteys present, because :blush: all I saw was cheek. Jemaine doesn't strike me as a tighty-whitey sort anyway.

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh, and I realize this is stating the obvious, but he does have a very nice bum.

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 am

Yeah....the shrug doesn't look like it was made for a man. Probably a thrift store find I imagine... Funny as foopin heck though when put with the whole outfit. I soooo needed a good laugh yesterday. One minute down, depressed, next laughing my butt off.

I'm not really noticing any pudge, myself. Spandex is just not the most flattering of materials. Which is why it horrifies me into a coma when I have to pick out a new bathing suit. Why can't I swim in some sort of vulcan robe instead? Plus it is tight, like shewolf said.

I can't imagine having sequins on a thong! That just screams uncomfortable to me! I spend most of my life trying to keep my undies out of there, and to add stiff sequins to it? It does raise a lot of interesting questions though. I mean... in most normal circumstances I do not expect people to be able to view my underwear, so... why the thong? lol Just pure dedication down to details your not really supposed to see or....? I'm obviously giving this way too much thought. :oops:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 06, 2009 3:30 am

eorious wrote:Jemaine doesn't strike me as a tighty-whitey sort anyway.

Jemaine is more of a tighty-purple or tighty-red or tighty-green. :lol: (I pay a lot of attention to Jemaine's underwear)
deliriumtree wrote: I mean... in most normal circumstances I do not expect people to be able to view my underwear, so... why the thong? lol Just pure dedication down to details your not really supposed to see or....? I'm obviously giving this way too much thought. :oops:

Hey delirium, if you wanna analyze Jemaine's underwear, then pull up a chair, girl... you've come to the right place. :wink:

I am imagining a scenario where Jemaine is trying on the gold pants and they keep slipping down so he decides wearing a blue sequined thong is the perfect solution to the problem. :lol:

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 06, 2009 3:43 am

Hey ya,

Ive finished my first Conchords vid on youtube, hope you'll check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSkQRYkXi8

Sorry that it ends too early. It blacks out a couple times(keep watching), wow it was too exciting from my vantage point. LOL.

Wait till you see the little booty shake, its heaven!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 06, 2009 3:56 am

Loved the sideways-booty-shake! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Wed May 06, 2009 4:12 am

mockingbird wrote:Jemaine is more of a tighty-purple or tighty-red or tighty-green. :lol: (I pay a lot of attention to Jemaine's underwear)
Hey delirium, if you wanna analyze Jemaine's underwear, then pull up a chair, girl... you've come to the right place. :wink:

I am imagining a scenario where Jemaine is trying on the gold pants and they keep slipping down so he decides wearing a blue sequined thong is the perfect solution to the problem. :lol:

Oh, mockingbird, both of those comments literally made me laugh out loud. :roll2: Maybe we need to start an Undie Watch to keep the Beard Watch company.

Perhaps he thought that sequins might provide a little more grip. Fortunately for us, he was mistaken. :D

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”