NZ Listener article

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Sherry
Professional Blonde

NZ Listener article

Postby Sherry » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Remember I mentioned the guys were interviewed for the NZ Listener a while back? Nope? Ah well, there has been such a deluge of Conchords news lately you probably missed it *stares*

The Listener should still be on the shelves over there in NZ so you can pick up a copy. And hopefully once picked up, you will purchase it! The original interview took place in New Zealand when the guys were back there the end of last year, and the writer, Sarah Barlett caught up with them again recently in LA.

Snippets from the article include - TV3 in New Zealand are hoping to screen the HBO One Night Stand show this year. Only two years behind the times guys, but its getting to you there. The Conchords also talk about their frustration with TV comedy (or lack of it) on NZ television. The HBO series, Flight of The Conchords, should be along, in the US at least, sometime later this summer.

The guys talk a little about their fans, being based in LA and how 'Hollywood' they now are.

'Whether they'll have time to give their fans when the show rolls is anotgher matter, but for now, McKenzie says, the Conchords appreciate their fans for how committed they are. "Should be committed" Clement adds.' Awww you guys *sniff*

Bret delights in ergonomic chairs (have to say I do also) and Jemaine reflects on the joys of a basketball hoop and they both give a little insight into their present schedule and who is working with them on their HBO series. Have to say, I'm impressed by the choice of director, James Bobin, (living in the UK I watched The 11 O'Clock Show and Ali G) and anyone, ANYONE, who has worked writing for Futurama is alright by me. Anyone being one Eric Kaplan

And yes, tis I, your humble webmistress looking not so pretty in pink on one of the pages there. I was interviewed for the article, and as soon as I put the phone down worried I had sounded like a slight madwoman. After 20 minutes or so of talking to myself about it, I decided to stop worrying and went outside to talk to my chickens instead. I'm relieved to see I appear sane in the article. What The Folk! gets a mention too, cool beans. Thanks Sarah.

So, without further ado, I give you four pages of Conchords. Left to right, top to bottom, click on the image to open the full size scan. Enjoy!

Image Image

Image Image

Can read it here on WTF!
Last edited by Sherry on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks, as always for keeping us up to date. For those of us not lucky enough to live in the charmed Island Nation, we depend on you big eyes and ears. :shock: :twisted:

Well, maybe not devil ears...? :hrm:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 am

For whatever reason, it never really penetrated that they would still be 'living" in LA. My brother lives there - I could so be a crazy stalker fan... :twisted:

(maybe I should delete this, you know - for future court room hearings - no proof :lol: )
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:06 am

jm513 wrote:For whatever reason, it never really penetrated that they would still be 'living" in LA. My brother lives there - I could so be a crazy stalker fan... :twisted:

(maybe I should delete this, you know - for future court room hearings - no proof :lol: )

:lol:

Thanks for the article Ms. Webmistress

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:40 am

I just read it. And maybe I am mistaken, but didn't they mean Rhys Darby, not Rob Brydon?

And... the "lips appreciator" never meant to embarrass Jemaine. In fact, if I could do it all over again, I would never have printed out the picture of his lips that Kate posted. :roll: Well, I guess we know who he was talking about when he said, "Should be committed."

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:28 pm

Deirdre wrote:I just read it. And maybe I am mistaken, but didn't they mean Rhys Darby, not Rob Brydon?

And... the "lips appreciator" never meant to embarrass Jemaine. In fact, if I could do it all over again, I would never have printed out the picture of his lips that Kate posted. :roll: Well, I guess we know who he was talking about when he said, "Should be committed."

Yeah, I think it was a mistake. I think its Rhys.

And awwwww. Don't worry about it D :whitey:

Jemaine has a sense of humour. It showed in his line about being committed. I found it very amusing reading that bit and did not think of anyone in particular when I read it :lol: I think he took it all with good grace.

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:20 am

Me? Worried? :what:

No, I just read his quote as him being exasperated. Was that wrong? :doh:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:27 am

lol nope

He may well have been, being asked about it again. Anyways, all is good :D

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”